Introduction on how to Set Up VPN on Huawei Router
Looking for an easy method to set up VPN on a Huawei router? If yes, then you don't have to worry anymore. Huawei VPN settings is straightforward with the steps in my article.
Huawei routers let you share the internet on different devices. Several devices in your home, like your computer, tablet, phone, laptop, or set-top box for your TV, can be accessed through a router. These connections can be wireless or wired. Huawei router VPN set-up is an excellent idea if you want to protect many devices, primarily if some of them don't support VPN configurations directly.
A VPN provides extra security and protects your data from cyber threats, viruses, and hackers. Using a VPN is entirely legal unless you are using it for an illegal purpose. This guide shows you how to do Huawei router VPN setup.
How to Set up VPN on Huawei Router with Ease?
Huawei router support VPNs easily. Here are some easy steps by which you can setup VPN huawei router.
1. Configure Your Router:
To set up VPN on Huawei router, set up your router first.
- If you are using a wireless connection, verifying the connectivity of your primary router to the internet is essential.
- Connect your secondary VPN router's WAN port to the LAN port on your primary router using an Ethernet cable.
- To establish a connection between your primary router and your PC, use an extra Ethernet cable to link their respective LAN ports.
2. Find Your Router IP Address on Windows:
Detect your router’s IP address with these simple steps on Windows for the Huawei VPN settings.
- To go to the Control Panel, please enter “Control Panel” in the search area and click on it.
- Select View network status from the advanced options list.
- In the View your active networks area, select your Wi-Fi name.
- The Wi-Fi Status pop-up window will provide details under the General tab. Check your router’s IP address below the IPv4 Default Gateway.
You can also detect your IP address using the Command prompt. Follow these steps;
- To open the Command Prompt, please enter “CMD” in the Search area and select the Command Prompt option.
- Please run the command “ipconfig” to get your network-related information.
- You can find it right next to the Default Gateway.
3. Log into your router:
To log into the router, you need to go to the router's management interface. Input your router's IP address into the web browser's address bar.
Typically, routers include default passwords that are open to cyber-attacks. Thus, picking a robust and highly secure password is necessary.
4. Connect to a Premium and Reliable VPN Service:
If you want extra security, you should join a premium VPN service.
- To set up VPN on your router, it is necessary to access the Manual settings panel given on the official website of the VPN service.
- To install VPN, initiating the process of flashing your router is necessary. Huawei lacks dedicated support for the VPN. However, you can install DD-WRT firmware onto the Huawei device. Afterward, you will be able to set up VPN.
- The next step involves setting up your router.
You can access the support page of ExpressVPN and proceed to download its OpenVPN settings;
- Open up the control panel for DD-WRT.
- Click Set-up.
- Choose Simple Set-up.
- Enter the names of the VPN's DNS servers.
- Select IPV6 by clicking Set-up.
- Make sure it's turned off, and then save the changes.
- Click on the Services button.
- Choose LAN&WLAN for DHCP hosts.
- Proceed to the Service page.
- Choose VPN.
- Enable OpenVPN.
- Click Start OpenVPN Client and enter the VPN server.
- Enter the DNS domain server address and forwarding route for a VPN location for Private Internet Access.
- Type in the details from the Open VPN file that goes with it.
- Click Save Changes and Apply.
5. Add a VPN Network:
The following are the kinds of servers that are available to set up a VPN on Huawei router:
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP): An encryption method using MPPE (Microsoft point-to-point encryption).
- L2TP: Stands for Layer 2 (Data Link Layer) Tunneling Protocol. It offers both IPSec PSK and IPSec RSA security.
- IPSec Xauth lets you encrypt with RSA, PSK, and Hybrid RSA.
6. Enable The VPN Feature:
- Open your browser and type the router's IP as the URL (for example, http://192.168.0.0). This will take you to the router's settings page to set up VPN on Huawei router.
- To access the router's dashboard, go to its administration console and type in the username and password.
- Click Advanced Settings, and select VPN Service.
- Check the section next to “Enable VPN Service,” then click “Apply.”
- Fill out the page with the Huawei VPN settings.
- You can install the VPN on your computer after downloading the set-up files.
- Read the License Terms and then click “I Agree.”
- Choose the place where the file will go, then click Install.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
- Test the link once it's complete, setting up the VPN on the Huawei router.
You can also check the VPN set-up steps on Huawei's official website.
Why Is ExpressVPN the Best VPN For Huawei Routers?
Here’s my ExpressVPN Review snapshot: 0.00
Name: ExpressVPN - Best Overall VPN - My Choice!!!
Description: ExpressVPN is a secure and reliable VPN service that offers strong encryption, a strict no-logs policy, fast connections, and optimized servers for streaming. It has a user-friendly app available for all major devices and offers excellent customer support. While it may be more expensive than some other VPN services and has a limit of five simultaneous connections per account, it is a top choice for those seeking streaming, gaming, torrenting, online privacy and security.
Offer price: $6.67
Application Category: VPN
- 📆 Money Back Guarantee: 30 Days
- 📖 No logs policy: No logs
- 🖥️ Servers: 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 💻 Number of devices per license: 5
- 🛡 Kill switch: Yes
- 🍿 Streaming services: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime and more
- 📥 Supports torrenting: Yes
- 🛠 Support: 24/7 Live Chat Support
- 🗺 Based in country: Virgin Islands (British)
- 🔥 Coupons: ExpressVPN coupon 49% OFF plus 3 extra months for FREE!
Security & Privacy
- Strong encryption and a strict no-logs policy
- Fast and reliable connections with optimized servers for streaming
- User-friendly software for all major devices
- Wide range of server locations in over 90 countries
- Excellent customer support available 24/7
- More expensive than some other VPN services
Final Words on how to Set Up VPN on Huawei Router
You can protect all your devices if you set up a VPN on a Huawei router. It is helpful because VPN software doesn't work on all platforms. If you route all your devices through the VPN, your Internet Service Provider or others can't see what these devices are doing.
How can I turn off VPN on my Huawei?
You can go to your router's settings display to turn off your VPN. Find the VPN username you're using right now and turn it off.
The profile and all its settings will stay in your panel, and turning it back on whenever you want is easy. Most routers let you set up more than one VPN connection to connect to more than one server.
Can an Android Phone Establish an L2TP over IPSec Connection with Huawei Router?
Yes, it is easy for an Android phone to establish an L2TP over IPSec Connection with a Huawei router.
How can I do Huawei VPN settings?
You can easily set up a VPN service on your Huawei router by following the steps mentioned in my article. You must follow six simple steps to configure a VPN in every type of Huawei router.
Is using a VPN service Legal?
VPNs are entirely legal unless you use them for any illegal purpose. However, VPNs are banned in some countries like North Korea and Iraq. So using a VPN in Iraq and North Korea can lead you to fines and imprisonment.
Thank you for reading the article. If you have any queries, feel free to ask them in the comment section. You can also read other articles on my website for more information.