⏳ Do you want to skip the read? The best VPN option for changing the region for most people is ExpressVPN which can be used for free and simply cancelled within 30 days.
Introduction To Samsung TV Change Region
Are you tired of your Samsung TV's default region settings? Do you crave access to the latest and greatest content from around the world and thinking about how to change Samsung smart TV region? Look no further than our ultimate guide on how to change Samsung TV region.
Samsung's Smart TVs include a variety of apps for customers to enjoy, although the apps offered may vary based on the country where the TV is being marketed. For example, if you purchased a Smart TV outside of the United States, you may not have access to apps that are only available in the United States.
If you wish to use those applications with geo-restrictions, you may change the region of your Samsung Smart TV through the settings. Unfortunately, even if you install applications from a different location, you won't be able to use them because of the geo-blocking function, which is widely used by streaming services.
Thankfully, there's a solution to this issue – using a VPN service. All you have to do is follow a simple tutorial to change the region of your TV and then set up a VPN. This will let you circumvent geo-blocking and access applications that were previously unavailable in your area.
How Can I Change The Region Of Samsung Smart TV?
To change the Samsung Smart TV region, you need to use the following procedure:
On the remote control, press the Smart Hub region button.
Press 2, 8, 9. Then press fast forward, 2, 8, 9, and rewind when Smart Hub has loaded.
Select the nation of your choosing under Internet Service Location Setup. Keep in mind that you may only install applications from one area at a time.
Click on Next and Accept the terms of the Service Agreement.
To begin the update, click OK. Your old programs will be uninstalled after the upgrade, and the default ones for the new area will get installed. After rebooting Smart Hub, you can install applications from the new area.
Then, Restart your Samsung Smart TV.
Change region on Samsung Smart TV F-Series and J-Series
To change region Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Source button on your remote control and select TV Source.
- Navigate to the Menu button choose Setup, then Support, and select Self Diagnosis.
- Proceed to Reset and input the default PIN code, 0000.
- Confirm the reset and select Yes to return to the factory settings.
- After the TV restarts, select your preferred language and set the Country as Others.
- Initiate the Scan, which you can stop later.
- Press mute, return, volume+, channel up, and mute consecutively on your remote.
- Scroll down the list of countries and choose the one you want (such as the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, etc.).
- Choose a service provider or skip it for later.
- Once setup is complete, select OK and restart your Samsung Smart TV.
Now, you can enjoy using apps and services from your desired country.
Change Region on a Samsung Smart TV K-Series
Use the following procedure for Samsung TV region change.
- Press the Settings button on your remote control and navigate to Support, then select Self Diagnosis.
- Proceed to Reset Smart Hub and confirm by entering the default PIN (0000), then select OK.
- Wait for the reset to finish, and do not turn off the TV until you see the Reset complete message.
- Go to settings and select System, then Start Setup. Input the PIN and select OK.
- Choose your preferred language and wireless connection.
- Allow the Smart TV to check the connection and connect to the internet.
- On the traditional remote (not the smart one), press 2, 8, and 9.
- Select your desired country from the list.
How to Change Region on Samsung Smart TV 7 Series
Use the following procedure to change Samsung Smart TV hub region f-series.
- Press the home button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Navigate to the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select Support, then choose Self-Diagnosis.
- Click on Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter the four-digit PIN. The default is 0000, but if you've changed it, use your own PIN.
- Choose the Setup option.
- Press the MUTE button, followed by VOLUME UP, CHANNEL UP, and MUTE AGAIN on your remote.
- Select your Internet service location and choose your preferred country from the list.
- Scroll down and select your region, then click OK.
- Agree to all the terms and press OK.
- Log in again using your Samsung Smart TV login credentials.
With the help of the above guidance, you can change region on Samsung Smart TV f series.
How To Change Your Region on Samsung QLED TV
To change the region on your Samsung QLED TV, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, go to TV Settings.
- Depending on your TV model, select either General -> Setup or General -> Reset to restart your Samsung TV. During the setup process, do not use the SmartThings app.
- Enter the default PIN code, which is typically ‘0000’.
- Select language.
- Set your country to “Other“.
- Proceed with the setup process until you reach the Terms and Conditions page.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, use your remote to follow the path below:
- For traditional remotes: Mute > Volume up > Channel up > Mute.
- For Samsung One remotes: VOL -> VOL Up -> Channel Up -> VOL.
- From the list of countries, select either UK or US. Alternatively, select Full Apps to gain access to all compatible streaming channels and applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access geo-blocked content on my Samsung Smart TV?
To access geo-blocked content on a Samsung Smart TV, changing the region alone is not enough. A Smart DNS or VPN service can be readily used to bypass geo-blocking. Smart DNS can be easily configured by changing settings on the TV console, while VPN requires setting up the router first before connecting the TV to it. I use and recommend using ExpressVPN.
Will my US Samsung TV work in Europe?
Using a Smart DNS or a trusted VPN with a Media Streamer, in combination with a converter, may allow you to access European content even if you're in the US. I use and recommend using ExpressVPN.
Final Thoughts on Samsung TV Change Region
Whether you're an avid binge-watcher or a casual viewer, our step-by-step instructions will unlock a world of entertainment options and give you complete control over your viewing experience. So sit back, grab your remote, and get ready to discover the ultimate power of customization.
If you've read all the way through this “How to Change Region Samsung Smart TV”, I am grateful! I have a large collection of articles and guides for movies, TV shows, series, and more! Feel free to check them out and see what else have I been watching.